January 2015 Hip Kit Club Reveal!!

After recovering from the shock that 2015 is right around the corner, I was so happy to see the new Hip Kit Club kits for January 2015. They are so pretty, so my style, and I can't wait to play with them.
So I just wanted to share the kits, and some of my thoughts about them.
Here's the main kit -

 I love everything Dear Lizzy, and the kits this month are full of goodies from her latest collection, Serendipity. The main kit is full of papers from that collections, as well as from Amy Tan's Stitched. Favorites? Tough one... But I'm gonna go with puffy stickers!!! And I'm looking forward to playing with those watercolor words, that seems like a really fun product.
Next is the Color add on-

This one is my personal favorite. And I think it's because it has such a great mix of products. This is less about embellishments, and more about adding layers and color to layouts. I LOVE that stencil from Basic Grey. Those tiny hearts will be so fun inked, misted or embossed, as a background or added texture, almost like an embellishment on their own. I've done this with a star stencil that came with the October Color add on, and I intend to do it with the hearts for a similar effect. Here's what I'm talking about-



This technique will work really well with that hearts stencil.
Another fun technique is removing media using a stencil, which basically means applying watercolor/gelatos/distress inks/other watersoluble non permanent media, and then positioning the stencil and using a wet baby wipe to remove
paint. I do this on this layout using gelatos and a star stencil-

The kit also comes with and ink pad called Mint To Be. It's pigment ink made by Avery Elle, and it's one of my favorite colored inks this year.

A couple of fun products in the kit are the wooden frames from the new Amy Tan collection, and the acetate sheets from We Are Memory Keepers. I think the combo of those two will be really cool.
But I love transparencies also on their own. They look great as layered pieces, you can die cut them or stamp on them with Stazon ink. I love the fun colors in the kit. And... You can use Texture paste on them! I will definitely be playing with that heart stencil, texture paste and those transparencies!

But... I have a special place in my scrapbooking heart for 6*6 pads. For many reasons. The main reason is that it is a lot of paper for a few bucks.  I love how many options, patterns and colors I have, and since Hip Kits are always so jam packed with embellishments, I tend to run out of paper before I run out of embellishments, so I'm really happy having more paper. Here's a layout I made using the 6*6 pad from Dear Lizzy's previous collection, Daydreamer.


In case you are new to Hip Kits, or my projects for the Hip Kit Club design team, I can tell you, that I make it my personal challenge and (fun) goal, to use the color add ons in as many ways as I can throughout the month and after as well. In the last two months I've also made a special tutorial showing many ways of using the products that come with the color add on, simple fun and easy ways and techniques.

The other gorgeous add on is the embellishment add on, which has a beautiful collection of products, including a couple of items from the new Crate Paper collection, Kiss Kiss.


Hello pretty! And did I mention how much I love roller stamps???

And there are also the paper add ons, more patterned paper and cardstock that coordinates beautifully with the kits.



All of the kits are currently available at the Hip Kit Club store, Hip Kit Club ships worldwide, so you do not have to be in the US to enjoy these amazing kits.
Thanks for visiting and I will be back soon with new projects!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts