Scraptastic April Let Me Go Kit- The Layouts

The Scraptastic April kit was quite different from previous months, and though sometimes I tend to stick to my favorites (pink, gold, aqua,rinse and repeat), it's nice, every once in a while, to get to play with products I probably wouldn't have bought on my own. Since the kit was so travel themed, I went ahead and printed some traveling photos that I haven't scrapped yet. The May kit should be appearing on my doorstep any day now, and it might contain two main kits and two add ons... Oopsi. Don't know how that happened! I usually get only one kit and add-on, and some extras, but this month everything was tempting, one kit had the pinks, the other had the aquas, it was just too difficult to decide! I'm not sure how I'll manage all these supplies, and I really like to kill a kit every month, so we'll see how I do this month... I do want to mix them all together, but not sure how it'll work, cause these kits are just loaded with embellishments... Oh such problems!! Ok, before I go on rambling about this and that and nothing, I'll go ahead and post all the layouts I created with the Let Me Go kit-









And that's about the stage when I start adding more product from my stash-



The background paper here came from the kit, and the rest from my stash, a mix of old and new, with some Crate Paper Oh, Darling papers, and some older embellishments from Sassafras. The letter stickers and hearts came in the February Scraptastic kit.


Most of the papers here are from my stash, except that beautiful watercolor circle type paper that was a scrap from the kit. The puffy hearts are from the April add on kit, and the wood veneers ones are from a previous kit. 


A few favorites this month from these layouts-
Stamping on dark paper using light pigment inks (I used here Avery Elle and Mama Elephant), and fussy cutting the Studio Calico transparencies-


Creating an ombre effect pattern paper using the April stamp set and pigment inks-


Customizing the cork elements that came with the kit, using paint, ink, mist and glossy accents-




So that's it for the April Scraptastic kit! Check out my YouTube channel for the process videos I made creating some of these pages.
Thanks for visiting!

Comments

  1. I must say I love your layouts and I have watched all your process videos from the Let Me Go kit (guess which kit I have in my possession :) )
    Your videos are so inspiring and I love it when you talk about the stories not just the creating of the layout.
    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts