Scrapbooking with Gelatos Part 1

I have been admiring these little gel color or whatever they are sticks for a while, especially after seeing all the lovely things Wilna Furstenberg makes with them. Well, I finally got to try them at a scrapbooking event in Germany in October, at a class taught by none other than Wilna herself. I loved playing with them. So last month when I was in the US for a week (everything scrapbooking is so much cheaper there than in Europe...) I bought a big set. I am happy to report that they are just amazing, totally fun, the colors are incredible, and you can make the prettiest background in minutes.
Here are the pages we created at those workshops with Wilna, they are kind of exactly the same as hers. It was my first live workshop, so it was a bit strange to scrapbook with other people around me, and have everyone working on pretty much the same layout, but I met some great people, and it was so much fun to just play and create for a whole uninterrupted weekend.
Here are the finished layouts-






To create these pages we used the Tropical Gelatos set, it has the most vibrant colors, and they mix beautifully to create more shades (I used all 4 here, and if you look closely, you can see where the original colors overlap).
The background for this page was also created with gelatos, and gesso. If you want to see the whole process of Wilna's original (and much more beautiful) page, you can find it in her Art Class 2 at 2 peas in a Bucket. There's a whole chapter there dedicated to Gelatos.




I'll be posting more layouts using gelatos in the next few days so stay tuned!
Have a great day and thx for stopping by!

Comments

  1. oh, I love gelatos :) Your layouts are so colourful, thats great! Greetings from germany!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty with all the gelatos, so fun to play with too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, these both have amazingly colourful background, I love how you used Gesso too. I have been eyeing up gelatos for a while, but I don't think I can justify the purchase as I have tons and tons of different paints! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous layouts! Must have been a great class with Wilna teaching it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought the slightly smaller set couple of weeks ago ;)Looove them. Have fun playing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts